FREEHOLD GENERAL STORE, DRAKE, NORTHERN RIVERS
Location / Area
Drake, near Casino and Tenterfield, Northern Rivers, New South Wales
Business Type / Size
A freehold general store with a 2 bedroom residence on a large block with highway frontage.
This business has no competition in the village and shows increasing turnover.
The property and village does not flood, it's on a mountain range.
$495,000 negotiable plus stock
The Drake General Store has:
- Renovated shop area with quality displays
- New modern kitchen with hotplate, microwave and ceiling fan
- 3 fuel bowsers (unleaded, premium and diesel)
- Covered dining area for clients with tables and chairs
- Storage sheds for drinks etc
- Comfortable 2 bedroom residence at rear of the shop
- Double carport / garage
- Water storage tanks with pressure pumps
- Toolshed/storeroom in back yard
- Rewired and electrically upgraded
|Shop Display||Shop Display||Shop Display||Coffee Machine|
The Shop Sells
- Hot foods inc pies, sausage rolls, chips
- Drinks including water, fruit juices, soft drinks and milk products
- Groceries of all kinds (huge range)
- Fruit and vegetables (in season)
- Confectionary and snack foods
- Cigarettes and tobacco
- Coffee (new machine installed)
- Newspapers and Magazines
- Dog and cat food
- Dairy Products including milk, yoghurt, cheeses etc
- Basic hardware
- Car batteries and auto needs
- Party lines
- Frozen foods
|Outdoor Eating Area||Frozen Goods||Pie Warmer||Front of Shop|
- Fridges (2)
- Pie warmer
- Freezers (4)
- Bain maree
- Tables and chairs
- Lots of basic electrical kitchen equipment
- Large new Freezer
This business has increasing turnover and is easy to operate.
The shop is air-conditioned.
- Mon – Fri: 7am - 5pm
- Sat: 8am – 2pm
- Sun: 8am – 12pm
|Signage||Carport||Water Storage Tank|
- Main bedroom with built-ins
- 2nd bedroom
- Large lounge/living with wood heater
- Office area
- Bathroom with shower and Vanity
- Covered back verandah
- Outdoor living area with 4 person spa
- Tiled floors throughout
- Reverse-cycle air-conditioning
A gold mine may re-open close to town in the future. This will be a genuine bonus.
- Only store in the village
- Superb highway location
- Recently upgraded with new equipment
- Comfortable owners’ residence
- Close to 4WD parks and motorcycle parks
- Large ½ acre land (fenced)
- Huge goodwill with locals
- Large storage shed
- Big backyard with shade trees, double garage and garden shed
- Ideal for family operation
- Close to rivers, national parks and state forests
This is a great business with a freehold property at a bargain price.
It is very well set up and easy to operate. The area is going ahead and there is a constant tourist trade in the business.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.